Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7
TEAM DVTiSO | 9.05GB
Windows Embedded Compact is the evolution of Windows Embedded CE. Windows Embedded Compact 7 is a real-time OS, separate from the Windows NT line, and is designed to target enterprise specific tools such as industrial controllers and consumer electronics devices such as digital cameras, GPS systems and also automotive infotainment systems. Windows Embedded Compact is designed to run on multiple CPU architectures and supports x86, ARM, MIPS.
Windows Embedded Compact 7 uses the familiar tools OEMs already know to help create the next generation of devices with attractive, intuitive user experiences. Compact continues the history of embedded innovation started with the first release of CE, providing new technology to OEMs for building devices that stand apart from the competition. Silverlight for Windows Embedded, a UI framework included with Compact, combines the
* Silverlight for Windows Embedded, a UI framework included with Compact, combines the flexibility of declarative UIs with the performance of native code. Silverlight for Windows Embedded is based on Silverlight v3.0 and allows developers and designers to create and update device UIs using Microsoft Expression Blend.
* Compact also includes an updated Internet Explorer, built on the same core as IE in Microsoft Windows Phone 7 and includes support for Flash 10.1, panning and zooming, multi-touch, and viewing bookmarks using thumbnails.
When you choose Windows Embedded Compact, you*re getting the high performance and highly reliable platform OEMs have selected for over 15 years to bring devices to market quickly and efficiently.
New features in Windows Embedded Compact 7
* Silverlight for Windows EmbeddedThe power of Silverlight gives developers and UI designers the tools to rapidly create declarative, multi-touch user interfaces that are powered by the speed of native code. Separation of the UI from the business logic makes it easy to iterate on device and application UIs without affecting core development tasks.
* Internet Explorer Embedded
Integrated Flash 10.1 in browser powers playback of Flash content and Flash content can be run full-screen without browser UI.
* Touch, multi-touch and gesture
New multi-touch support adds to existing plug-in engine enabling intuitive, natural input capabilities and gesture-based interactions.
* Connection Manager & Windows Device Stage
Connection Manager provides infrastructure technology to manage multiple network transports on the device. Use Windows Device Stage to allow users to easily transfer media and content between devices and PCs.
* Microsoft Office and PDF Viewers
Updated applications render Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe PDF. Includes support for Microsoft Office 97, 2000, 2003, XP & 2007.